Rising School Is Excited To Announce That We Have Been Approved By Franklin Covey Middle East To Start Our Light House Journey Of Leadership- Ahead Of Schedule!
Dr. Stephen Covey said “I don’t define leadership as becoming the CEO. A CEO is no more likely to be a leader than anyone else. I am talking about leading your own life, being a leader among your friends, being a leader in your own family.”
Last week, The Rising School Family warmly welcomed Dr. May Jabri, Leader In Me Master Trainer, back to Rising School for coaching sessions with our team. These sessions were a chance for the Rising School Team to check in on the status of the school’s implementation of The Leader In Me Program. Dr. May held three different coaching sessions and met with all the members of our School’s Light House Team. A Light House Team is a group of stakeholders dedicated to promoting outstanding results in school and student outcomes through implementing The Leader in Me with fidelity. This team helps prepare the school to participate in the Light House Accreditation. The attainment of the Lighthouse Milestone represents a significant benchmark, and it is evidence that a high standard has been met by a school. Applying for the Lighthouse Milestone typically occurs three to five years after a school begins The Leader in Me Journey.
Our Team received some amazing news that Dr. May and the Franklin Covey Middle East Team Felt our team had over come some amazing hurdles in the past few months of implementation and could go ahead and begin the journey of Light House! We will be the first school in the Middle East participating in the newest Light House 3.0 Program.
What is a Leader In Me– Light House School
It is common for schools to receive recognition for outstanding achievement and seek accreditation for their school and specific programs within the school. The Lighthouse Milestone is a highly regarded standard set by FranklinCovey that is attainable by every Leader in Me School, However, Dr. May shared with our team that less than 10% of Leader In Me Schools make it to this level. Becoming a Lighthouse School is a recognition earned because they have produced outstanding results in school and student outcomes by implementing and living the 7 Habits taught by The Leader in Me Program. More than 300 schools have achieved this prestigious milestone. To receive this special designation, schools must have demonstrated the following:
- The school-campus environment reinforces the leadership model by displaying leadership language that emphasizes individual worth and potential in hallways and classrooms.
- Teachers integrate leadership language into school curriculum and instruction.
- Staff collaborates and works together to effectively build a culture of leadership.
- Students are provided with meaningful student-leadership roles and responsibilities, such as mentor, public speaker, school tour guide, and greeter.
- Parents are given opportunities to learn The Leader in Me model and the 7 Habits, and are involved in activities that support the leadership model.
- A system is in place for setting and tracking school wide, classroom, academic, and personal goals.
- Leadership Events are held to allow students to practice their leadership skills (e.g., public speaking, sharing data, confident greetings, etc.) with community business partners, parents, and other educators.
- The school leadership team meets regularly and oversees school wide implementation of the leadership model with the help of students, staff, parents, and community members.
- Measurable improvements in teacher engagement, parent satisfaction, student behavior, and academic alignment are shown by comparing baseline data with the tracking of ongoing data.
Leadership- Finding Our Voice- On Our Way To Light House
“Be more concerned by your character, than your reputation” – Coach John Wooden
Part of the Journey to Light House involves our Team participating and completing several coaching modules with The Franklin Covey Middle East Trainers and focusing on the development of leadership capacity among, not only the Light House Team, but all of our stakeholders. The Light House Coaching Process and Modules will guide our team as we, develop the use of common language, develop mission statements both personally, as classrooms, departments and as a whole school. Most importantly through the Light House journey, Rising School will be able to effectively communicate leadership potential of ALL members of our learning community to themselves and the world.
“Education the heart is the critical complement to educating the mind” – Dr. Stephen Covey
Leader In Me In Action At Rising School-
Take a Look at How we are Rising above and Stepping into the Habits. Leaders in Action!
Parents & Community members:
We invite you to visit our school to learn More about the Leader In Me Program and how we are implementing it in our school.
If you and your child are looking to join a New learning community- We are accepting registrations for the 2018-2019 Academic Year for grades KG1- Grade 6 as of November 15, 2017.
Please email us at [email protected] or call 04 883 5389 to schedule a tour and experience the Rising School Learning Community in person!
Commitment To Sharing Best Practices
Rising School is Committed to Sharing Best Educational Practice in The Region and invite neighboring schools to explore The Leader In Me Program. For More Information on how schools/educators can implement The Leader In Me Program Please Feel Free to Contact Ms.Esraa Shehadeh [email protected] and let them know that Rising School referred you.
“Almost every significant breakthrough in the field of scientific endeavor is first a break with tradition, with old ways of thinking, with old paradigms”- Dr. Stephen Covey
- #newschoolindubai #RisingSchool #WeAreRising 7 habits 7 Habits of Highly Effective People ACSchools american curriculum american school dubai ASCD Covey Education In Middle East Emotional Emotional Education Franklin Covey Middle East gccascd khaleej Times KHDA Leader In Me Leadership learningfun legoeducation Light House Lighthouse Moral Education Rising School Social Social Education TLIM US Curriculum Dubai We Are Rising